Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Friday!

Its been a very busy week. I spent Monday afternoon-Wednesday morning on a work trip to Philadelphia. It was a pretty good deal. In exchange for about 6 hours of work, I got the chance to take a friend to some terrific restaurants and visit one of my alma matters, Bryn Mawr College. Since I got back, I feel like I've been regrouping from an extended weekend. Other than the trip, there isn't much to report from this week, but a few things worth noting happened today:

This morning, I went back to the dermatologist to have the stiches taken out of my shoulder. I've had stiches removed twice before, both times from my eyelid, which was cut badly in a car accident. Having eyelid stiches removed is very painful and made me wary of having any other stiches removed. Fortunately, I learned today that having arm stiches removed does not hurt at all. Even better, my biopsy results came back a week early and I have no skin cancer at all, not even the benign kind. Whew!

Later in the day, I got inspired about Christmas gifts, so I used my lunch hour to do some shopping online. Somehow, between the online shopping and a little errand-run-with-detours that I made for the office, I covered nearly everyone on my list. It is November 19th and I am almost done Christmas shopping. For me, this is a Christmas miracle. I still have to face the "Christmas sweatshop" portion of the season, during which I make cookies and homemade gifts, but I vastly prefer that to the mall.

Finally, tonight is the premiere of the new Harry Potter movie! When Katie moved out, she left me a couple of free movie tickets she won playing bar trivia. I have been saving one for this very night.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!