Tuesday, June 8, 2010

PC Department Celebrities!


Well, there's no backing out now: Katie and I have made the Loyola Pastoral Counseling Department homepage! Our story is the first item in the "News" section at http://www.loyola.edu/pastoralcounseling. The department has been super-supportive of our efforts, which is really lovely to see. I've been at Loyola for 3 years as a part-time, commuter student, which means that I don't often get to experience any kind of school community. The department's response to Dr. Murray's death, however, showed me just how much community really exists there. The whole department- faculty, staff, and students- have worked so hard to support one another and honor Dr. Murray's legacy. I'm really happy to be able to take part in their efforts.

A few updates on earlier posts:

Donations continue to come in! Many of my friends donated in honor of my birthday, for which I am both touched and grateful. You can donate anytime between now and October 31st by going to http://www.active.com/donate/marathonformurray .

Since my crazy schedule ended, I have been enjoying getting to more early-morning classes at the gym, but I am realizing that the 5:45am spin class is just too early. 6am I can do; 5:45 is too hard. I am also still struggling with afternoon naps which keep me up too late at night. If I come up with any useful remedies for afternoon sleepiness, I'll be sure to share.

The meat-eating experiment continues. Thus far, turkey lunchmeat and grass-fed beef burgers are great, and chicken and bacon are dissapointing. I also feel like my long-held belief that vegetarian food tends to be more flavorful is being confirmed. I won't make a final ruling on that, though, until I eat meat in at least one or two really good restaurants. My hunger has abated a bit, but I don't think I will know if the meat has anything to do with that until I really get into training (which starts at the end of this month). So, the experiment will continue for at least a few months.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!