Sunday, December 19, 2010

You know you went to seminary when...

...you and a friend you haven't seen in months spend half her holiday party coming up with heretical tag lines for her 30th birthday, which happens to be falling on Good Friday. Examples:

"It is finished: Julia's 20's."

"I thirst... somebody buy me a beer."

"Julia, remember me when you come into your 30's."

"Today you will be with me in paradise: Julia's 30th birthday party."

"Turning 30: sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble."

And, for the post-party hangover: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Come on seminary friends- there must be more! The comments section is yours!

5 comments:

  1. What is thirty?

    20s... I wash my hands of you.

    Abide with me, fast falls the 30-tide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Thank you for turning a potentially awful day to turn 30 into something great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Julia, I knew I could count on you and Matt H. for this! (BTW, I'm not going to start calling you "Pastor" all the time- just when there's another Julia around.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!