Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas lesson: some jokes never get old.

Tonight, my church had our annual service of lessons and carols. Pastor Dave, our senior pastor, always invites me to be one of the readers. After Pastor Dave finished reading one of the lessons, the congregation started singing a Christmas hymn and he sat down next to me, where we had the following exchange:

Pastor Dave: There's a big wet spot on my seat. I have no idea where it came from.

Pastor Dave and Alicia (in unison): I didn't do it.

Alicia: Jinx!

At this point, Pastor Dave and I dissolved into a good 90 seconds of uncontrolled, shaking, tears-in-our eyes laughter. My mom assured me that it was visible from the back pew of the crowded church, where she was sitting.

Alicia: Get it together, Dave, you have to impress the visitors.

Best wishes for a joyful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!