Saturday, October 30, 2010

Good luck charms.



With less than 24 hours to go (!), I'm making all of the final arrangements and packing up my stuff for the big race. This includes the all-important good luck charms, pictured above. In the first picture, we have the "walk it off" bracelet (which has come to symbolize everything Katie, Erin, Val and I went through to get to this day), a "courage" coin that I received as part of my grief counseling experience, a "footprints" coin (an inside joke from Katie), and most important- a note from one of the Murray girls. I had the opportunity to meet three of Dr. Murray's amazing daughters this summer and I've had this note on my refrigerator for inspiration ever since. In the second picture, you can see the reverse of the note, which is a picture of all the Murray girls. The one in the top right is Sloane, who died along with Dr. Murray. This photo is the most important thing I'll have with me tomorrow because it reminds me of why I put myself through this in the first place!

Speaking of Dr. Murray, the fundraising grand total stands at $3301 right now. Tomorrow, the fundraising sites will close and we would love to have at least $3500 when they do. If you want to donate, do it now and do it on Katie's page (since I met my personal goal already): http://www.active.com/donate/marathonformurray2. Thanks as always for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!