Thursday, October 21, 2010

Don't trip!


I have a co-worker who will be serving as maid of honor in her sister's wedding in early November. The other day, she told me that she is taking mega-doses of vitamin C every day until the big day because she is afraid of getting sick. I totally get that. I have only 10 days to go before the marathon, and the closer it gets, the more paranoid I become about illness and injury. I thought that having my appendix out during the heart of training gave me some karmic insurance against further problems, but the cold I had a couple weeks ago killed that theory. So, now I see potential hazards everywhere.

Recently, I saw a Facebook post about a girl who had to back out of her marathon when she hurt herself falling off a Bosu (see above). Guess what we use in our boot camp class every week? That's right, the Bosu. Guess who holds her breath every time she jumps up onto the Bosu? Of course, the Bosu is only one hazard among many. This morning, I survived the Bosu portion of the class and then tripped doing drills on a step. I don't know whose heart was beating faster at that moment- mine, or my boot camp instructor's. She has been super-supportive throughout my training and I know she does not want me hurting myself on her watch. I may just strap on some padding and a helmet for the next week and a half.

On a more positive note, the donations are pouring in! I am only $685 away from my personal goal of $2500. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has donated! If you are still planning to contribute, you have until 10/31 to do it online. If you can't remember whether or not you already donated (a few people has asked about that) let me know and I can look it up.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I literallly was just commenting today that I was considering increasing my Vitamin C intake.

    Note to self: Avoid Bosu's, too.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!