Saturday, September 11, 2010

On the road again!


I like to think Willie Nelson and I have many things in common. For example, when we're not on the road, we can't wait to get back on it again. As of this morning, it had been three weeks since I did a long run. I had tried to run a few times since my surgery, but always had to stop because of pain at the site of one of my incisions. After two weeks of diligent icing and Advil-popping, I decided to give it another go this morning. Lo and behold, the pain was gone! I did 7 miles, which wasn't easy after all that time off, but gave me the confidence to attempt my scheduled race tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.

Another thing Willie and I have in common is that we both love this country, and we're especially fond of values like personal (including religious) freedom and tolerance. I hope we can all keep those values in mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!