Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Victories!

I returned home Sunday evening after a whirlwind week of conference, college reunion, and a fun little bout of food poisoning. I will write all about these events if/when I get caught up on all of my backlogged work and emails. I want to take a moment, though, to share two victories which happened this weekend:

1) I passed the NCE (National Counselor Exam)! This puts me one step closer to being licensed as a counselor, though I still have quite a bit of bureaucracy to swim through befor I get there.

2) Speaking of swimming, I did my first open water swim Sunday afternoon. I was terrifed, but it was actually- dare I say- fun. I am still anxious about what will happen when I swim in open water too deep to touch down, surrounded by other swimmers. Still, this swim did a lot to reduce my anxiety and I'm actually looking forward to the next one. 

Okay, back to work. I'll write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!