Monday, April 25, 2011

The results are in!

This is likely to be the last you hear from me for a few days because I need to buckle down and finish my pro-sem paper (aka: thesis). Before I do, though, I thought I would share the hot-off-the-presses results of the Ridgway Triathlon!

The Run: I completed the run in 47:49, and was surprised to learn that it was actually 5.14 miles. This explains why the last mile felt sooooo long. It also means that this is my fastest 5-miler by a long shot and my second fastest race ever. Yay! I came in 46th out of 55 runners.

The Bike: Pat completed the 15-mile bike leg in 1:08:06, making him 49th out of 55 bikers.

The Canoe: Pat and I completed the 9-mile canoe leg in 1:25:46, which made us 39th out of 55 boaters. So, this looks like our best leg, but the results are a little screwy because 12 teams backed out of the canoe leg and took automatic times of 1:30.

Overall: Pat and I finished the whole thing in 3:21:41, making us 48th out of 55 teams. We were never expecting to win, but we did come in well under our goal of 4 hours. Go team Make It Work!

The Bride and Groom: Krista and Ray both did great. Ray came in 14th overall and 4th in his Ironman category. Krista came in 35th overall and 3rd in the Ironwoman category. Krista's family skipped the canoe leg, but their team finished right behind her, 36th overall. Go wedding party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!