Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thought of the day...


"Those whom summer's heat tortures
yearn for the full moon of autumn
Without even fearing the idea
That a hundred days of their life will then have passed forever."
-Buddha Shakyamuni

Ever since daylight savings time started, I have been impatient for Spring. I'm tired of sweaters and very eager to put on my spring clothes (especially now that they fit better!). I'm ready to walk to the gym in the daylight, and have enough daylight left after work to go for runs in the evening. 

Yet, this past weekend, it was nice and warm, and I got a reminder of the things I dislike about Spring and Summer. I find running in heat much, much harder than running in cold. During Sunday's 5K, I was breathing so hard and so loud that I almost apologized to Katie (who was running next to me).  

So, while I'm not thrilled with the threat of "wintry mix" on the 3rd day of Spring, I'm going to take the Buddha's advice and try to appreciate whatever nature gives me. Enjoy the rain, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!