Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The right company, pt. 2: more photos!

In my last post, I wrote about how my friends are helping me get through my runs this training season. Since then, I have taken and recieved a few more photos from recent runs.

First, a couple that I took this morning on my weekly run through Quiet Waters park with my friend Jen. Both the scenery and the company make being out at 6am tolerable, and often enjoyable!

This is the dock at Harness Creek, a favorite spot to pause and take in the scenery. In the summer, the birds, crabs, and fish put on a quite-absorbing show.

Another great thing about Quiet Waters is deer! If you run early or late, you almost always see one or two. This sign is clearly well-placed.

Now, a few more photos from my trail-running adventure of last weekend. Enjoy!

Gathering around for the pre-race course talk.


Off I go! Krista should be a race photographer.


Pausing for a photo op by the lake.


Walking through slippery mud. This is not the worst of it.


Shimmying through a narrow gate, which was part of the course.


Another odd part of the course- it went over a guardrail! Several people missed this on the first lap. I can't imagine why.


According to Krista, this is the mud build-up at mile 14. It got worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!