Thursday, September 15, 2011

64582.

Earlier this week, I got a little surprise from the NYC marathon people: my bib number! As of tomorrow, the marathon will be 50 days away. I find this a little hard to believe. Last year at this time, I felt like my MCM training was all-consuming. This time out, I got so caught up preparing for Iron Girl that I almost forgot I'm also running a marathon.

There's another reason that training is not looming as large in my mind, and I'm almost reluctant to say it because I don't want to jinx it... Its going really well. Unlike last year, I've had no injuries, illnesses, or surgeries. I'm also not trying to balance training with a full time job and a full load of grad school classes. Thanks to a little more time and a lack of major hurdles, I've been more consistent in my weekday runs. Thanks to tri-training, I started this training season in much better shape compared to last year. All in all, I think I'm on track to have a much different marathon experience than last year, and I'm very excited about that.

This Saturday, I'm going to attempt my first 20-mile long run of this training season. Then, next weekend, I'm headed to PA to run as many loops as I can manage of an 8-mile course as part of a trail-running event (I'm shooting for 2 1/2). Here's hoping for continued smooth sailing and no tripping over tree roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!