Saturday, August 20, 2011

The night before.

IronGirl is tomorrow! I don't have a whole lot to say about it that I didn't cover in my last post, but I do have a few photos from the final preprations:

I got this wristband at the Expo yesterday and I will wear it until I leave the event tomorrow. No backing out now! The volunteer who put it on said I had the smallest wrists she had seen. One of the few ways I look like my Mom.

My bike, all racked and ready to go. I got an excellent spot in the transition area, for which I am very thankful!

My main gear bag. I also have a smaller bag for food and trash. I have to take a lot of stuff to this thing, but it is much less complicated than packing for a triathlon AND a wedding!

So that's that. Everything is ready, and now I just have to figure out how to get to sleep so I can get up at 3:30AM. This morning, when I woke up from a stress dream about forgetting my timing chip, I decided that I am officially more nervous about this event than I was about MCM. I think MCM just felt simpler- all I had to do was run, and I know how to run. Tomorrow, I have to swim, transition, bike, transistion again, and then run, and the run is the only thing I'm sure I know how to do. Yet, on the whole, I think I am better prepared for IronGirl than I was for MCM, and I am also more excited.

Stay tuned for the race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!