Monday, July 4, 2011

Here we go again.

Happy 4th of July! Blogging (along with cleaning) has been on my to-do list throughout this long weekend, but I have been basking in my new non-grad student lifestyle and taking up long forgotten activities like going to movies, meeting up with friends, and attending parties. Good times all around.

Over this long weekend, I also began my second summer of marathon training! Bright and early Saturday morning, I joined the Annapolis Striders back on the B&A trail for our first 10-mile long run. This run turned out to be an excellent opportunity to experience what has changed and what has stayed the same about marathon training compared to last year. I am definitely faster this time around, which means its going to take a few weeks to figure out exactly what my training pace should be. I went out pretty fast this Saturday and felt good for the first 5 miles, but was definitely dragging by the end. So, I may need to slow it down a bit. A side effect of being faster is that I was running by myself for much of the run because my normal traning buddies were a little behind me. It made things a bit lonelier, but I also think I need to spend a good chunk of this traning running on my own, as I plan to run NYC on my own. All in all, it was a good first day back at marathon training.

And now I need to get to bed. Far and away my biggest training mistake last year was skipping too many weekday runs. Thus, I'm trying to be diligent about my weekday schedule this time and that includes a Tuesday AM run. Good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!