Saturday, June 29, 2013

Still an inspiration!

I was driving home from work earlier this week, dreading the first 10-mile long run of this year's marathon training season, when I heard a familiar name on the radio: Dr. Murray! WAMU was airing a story on the 4th anniversary of her death and the 5th year of the camp she founded. You can listen here:

http://wamu.org/programs/metro_connection/13/06/21/family_friends_remember_girlsup_camp_founder

This morning, as I was slogging through that first 10-mile run, I thought about Dr. Murray: how she helped inspire me to run my first marathon and how she continues to inspire me as I embark on training for marathons #4 and #5. If you need a little inspiration, listen to her story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please keep in mind that my profs, classmates, colleagues, and church friends may be reading and keep it appropriate. Thanks!